|home | Tip of the Week | How To Create a Full-Color Craigslis . . .|
How To Create a Full-Color Craigslist Ad For Your Residential Cleaning Business
Many residential cleaning business owners post ads on Craigslist, and many have a lot of success with it. But in order to stand out from the crowd, it helps to have a unique, full-color ad, rather than a plain old text ad.
Member Mike Rathbun of Freedom Cleaningwanted to come up with a full-color ad for Craigslist, but was having a problem with getting it to work. Enlisting the help of fellow members, he was able to solve the problem and post the ad shown below. Here is how he did it.
1. Create your ad in Microsoft Publisher or other publishing program.
2. Save it as a .jpg file.
3. Go to your Flickr account (create one, if you don't have one).
4. Upload the .jpg file.
5. Go to your ad (picture) and click on "Share".
6. You can choose the size you want. Medium or large will usually be best.
7. Click on "Get the HTML".
8. When the code box opens, find the part that has the Flickr web address and replace it with your website's address (When your ad appears on Craigslist it will be "clickable" back to Flickr. This will make it clickable to your website, instead.).
9. Paste the adjusted code into your Craigslist ad.
Ta Da! A Perfect Craigslist ad.
P.S. If you're looking for other ways to create a unique ad for Craigslist, check out VFlyer.com or do an Internet search for Craigslist flyers.
Copyright (c) MyHouseCleaningBiz.com. All Rights Reserved.
Would you like to reprint this article in your newsletter, on your web site, or on your blog? You sure can! As long as the article is complete and unaltered (including the author information below). Send a copy of the reprint to us by filling out the contact form, including the URL of the published article. (Make sure all links are live if placed in an e-zine, on a web site or blog.)
You must include the following information at the end of each article you reprint:
Copyright MyHouseCleaningBiz.com. All Rights Reserved.
Jean Hanson helps owners of residential cleaning companies build a more profitable and successful cleaning business through her online community at MyHouseCleaningBiz.com. Read inspirational cleaning success stories at http://www.cleaning-success.com, and sign up for House Cleaning Profit Tips at http://www.MyHouseCleaningBiz.com.
· Create an Effective Referral System for Your Cleaning Business and Improve Your Bottom Line
· 6 Steps to Creating a Marketing Machine